We will defend you like family
- Family Law
- Abuse Prevention Order Cases
Rachel Biscardi is thrilled to join the legal team at PiltserCowan Law after twenty years of practicing law in the public sector. Rachel specializes in handling family law and abuse prevention order cases with expertise and compassion. Rachel served on the Legislative Task Force on Alimony which drafted the 2011 Alimony Reform Act. She also was a member of the Child Support Working Group which drafted the current Massachusetts Child Support Guidelines. She serves on the Trial Court's Domestic Violence Education Task Force which is responsible for advising and assisting on domestic violence trainings for the trial court. Rachel was appointed to the Massachusetts Bar Association's Access to Justice Committee in 2014, the Boston Bar Association's Family Law Steering Committee in 2009, and served as co-chair of the Domestic and Sexual Violence Coalition from 2008-2013. In 2014, Rachel published a Law Review Article entitled: "Dispelling Alimony Myths: The Continuing Need for Alimony and the Alimony Reform Act of 2011." She has authored and edited several family law amicus briefs for seminal family law cases. She has appeared in television shows such as "Chronicle" and "Greater Boston with Emily Rooney". She has trained lawyers, judges, police officers, and social service providers at almost every major family law conference in Massachusetts. She regularly testifies in front of the legislature on family law bills focusing on child custody jurisdiction, alimony, and custody.
Prior to PiltserCowan Law, for twelve years, Rachel was the Deputy Director of the Women's Bar Association & Foundation where she recruited, trained, and mentored attorneys to represent domestic violence survivors. She was also an adjunct family law professor at Northeastern Law School and New England School of Law, Boston from 2012-2016.
Rachel is the recipient of the 2013 Lawyer's Weekly Excellence in the Law Award, the 2013 Boston University School of Law's Public Interest Award, and the 2011 Women's Bar Association's Certificate of Service. She was presented with a JAG Coin of Excellence by the US Air Force Hanscom Air Force Base in 2014. Rachel is a graduate of Boston University School of Law with a specialization in litigation and dispute resolution.
- Boston University School of Law, Boston, Massachusetts
- Major: Litigation and dispute resolution
- Appeared in television shows such as “Chronicle” and “Greater Boston with Emily Rooney”
- Lawyer’s Weekly Excellence in the Law Award, 2013
- Boston University School of Law’s Public Interest Award, 2013
- Women’s Bar Association’s Certificate of Service, 2011
- Presented with a JAG Coin of Excellence by the US Air Force Hanscom Air Force Base in 2014
Classes & Seminars
- Adjunct family law professor at Northeastern Law School and New England School of Law, Boston from 2012-2016
- Women’s Bar Association & Foundation, Deputy Director
- Massachusetts Bar Association’s Access to Justice Committee, 2014 to 2014
- Boston Bar Association’s Family Law Steering Committee, 2009 to 2009
- Domestic and Sexual Violence Coalition, Chair, 2008 to 2013
Current Employment Position