Fighting For You And Your Family
Over the years, we have grown from a solo practice to a multiattorney law firm with a wealth of experience in criminal law, estate planning, family law and more. As we continue to grow in size and scope, one thing continues to remain the same: our commitment to providing our clients with the attentive service they deserve for their most important legal issues.
Why We Practice Law
A common thread joining all of our attorneys together is a drive to use our legal skills to help ordinary people with their legal issues. Every lawyer at our firm has served as a public defender or a legal aid attorney. We are familiar with the legal problems facing people from all walks of life and understand what a crucial difference the right lawyer can make. This understanding drives us to provide strong, compassionate representation to our clients in a variety of practice areas.
Meet Our Team
At PiltserCowan Law LLC, our people are our strength. Learn more about our attorneys and staff:
- Founding attorney Andrew Piltser-Cowan went to law school with a goal of being a public defender. He established our firm after serving in that capacity for the first five years of his career.
- Meaghan M. Cary joined our firm as a supervising attorney in July 2018. Meaghan and Andy met while they were both working as public defenders back in 2008. They have been friends and collaborators ever since, sharing a passion for the practice of law.
- Melissa Tobin joined our practice in 2017. Her interest in criminal justice reform led her to join the Prisoners’ Rights Clinic at Northeastern University School of Law where she represented an inmate serving a life sentence at a parole board hearing.
- Rachel Biscardi (Of Counsel) joined our firm after practicing law in the public sector for more than 20 years. She specializes in handling family law and abuse prevention order cases, where our clients benefit from her expertise and compassion.
- Jason Tauches brings a wealth of trial experience to our firm. He has focused his practice on criminal defense as well as commercial and civil rights litigation. He has represented more than 500 clients in criminal and civil cases, including serving as lead attorney in complex felony trial.
- Meri Jade Piltser Cowan is our firm’s business manager. She worked in the information technology sector for 10 years before joining our practice, where she has led our growth from a sleepy solo practice in Amherst to a multilawyer firm in Boston.
- Ray Lardie has been a paralegal at our firm since 2013. Ray is especially interested in the intersections of social, race and economic justice and the law.
- Rowan Rosenthal is our office manager. Rowan joined our practice in 2015. In addition to coordinating our administrative staff, one of Rowan’s continual projects is making information about the court system and legal process available through videography
All of our attorneys and staff serve as shining examples of our commitment to client service and legal excellence.